The Old Faithful Club is the Club Level at Wilderness Lodge, Walt Disney World. This concierge lounge is located on the seventh floor of Wilderness Lodge, and concierge guests can access this private lounge using their room key or MagicBand. The Old Faithful Club serves complimentary small meals, snacks, drinks, and alcohol throughout the day. However, staying at Club Level at Wilderness Lodge is not cheap. Our Old Faithful Club Review considers whether staying at Club Level at Wilderness Lodge is worth the extra premium.
How much does Club Level at Wilderness Lodge – Old Faithful Club cost?
The upgrade price for a club room varies by time of year, but the premium during 2023 is usually around $300 a night. However, this can be on occasions quite a bit more, or depending on discounts, e.g. free nights, somewhat less. Old Faithful Club is the cheapest of the Club Lounges at the Walt Disney World Deluxe Resorts. Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs is cheaper, but this is a moderate resort and does not have access to certain services, including Extended Evening Park Hours.
The above prices assume you plan to book a standard room at Wilderness Lodge. If you want to book a fireworks view or even a courtyard view, the price difference to upgrade to club level does become much less.
The upgrade cost is the same, no matter how many guests you fit in the room. So, guests whose rooms are at maximum occupancy will find it much better value. Families of six can find the larger deluxe rooms to be of excellent value.
However, a 1-week stay in a standard Club Level room in Wilderness Lodge will cost you around $2000 more than a standard view room. So, what do you get for this premium?
Club Level at Wilderness Lodge Perks
There are a number of perks at the Old Faithful Club:-
- Access to the Old Faithful Club Lounge, on level 7, serving complimentary food and beverages.
- Dedicated concierge staff who will help you plan your vacation. The concierge desk is open from 7 am to 10 pm.
- Rooms are some of the best placed in the resort but do not have any additional features compared to regular resort rooms. Many rooms are near the Old Faithful Club, but not all are. There is a turndown service, but whether this happens can be a bit hit or miss. You will also likely get some free chocolate.
- Deluxe rooms are also available, which can sleep up to six.
To be honest, it is likely to be the included food and beverages that are the most likely reason you will consider booking a club room. So what is included?
What food and drink is available at the Old Faithful Club?
During the course of the day, there are several different services. Outside of service times, the main service area does close. However, the concierge staff, if you ask nicely, will still get you a beverage.
Complimentary beverages are extensive and include coffee, tea, soda, beer, wine, and champagne. Unlike Universal Orlando Club Lounges, alcohol is available throughout opening hours.
In addition, even when the service area is closed, fruit, small snacks, and candy are available for you to grab.
The main service times at the Old Faithful Club are:
- Coffee from 6:30-7:00 a.m. On our visit, the coffee machine at the Old Faithful Club was very temperamental, but when it worked, it made great drinks.
- Continental Breakfast from 7:00-10:30 a.m. An extensive breakfast buffet is available, and it does include a couple of hot items.
- Snacks and Refreshments from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The snacks include crackers, chips, pretzels, and cookies. The cookies were very good.
- Hors D’oeuvres from 5:00-7:00 p.m. The hot appetizers vary depending on the season, and when we visited, they included brisket on several nights. There is an extensive buffet that also includes salad, cheese, and cold meats.
- Cordials & Desserts from 8:00-10:00 p.m. This was my favorite service and included the daily fruit cobbler!
Assuming you are happy to stay in your resort, plenty of food is available to avoid spending large sums of money in the parks. Not having to buy breakfast can save a family of four over $100 a day. If you have a couple of alcoholic drinks daily, the savings can add up. Remember to collect water from the club before visiting the parks each day.
Club Level Rooms at Wilderness Lodge
The majority of club-level rooms are located on level 7, just a short walk from the Old Faithful Club. The rooms are similarly equipped compared to regular resort rooms but have a balcony and either a Woodlands, Courtyard, Pool, Waterfall, or Bay Lake view. We requested our room in advance, 7058, and look at the view we had!
Deluxe rooms sleep up to six and can be very good value for money. Rooms, however, are spread across the resort. For the ultimate luxury, book the Yosemite Suite, but it isn’t cheap.
Our Opinion Club Level at Wilderness Lodge – Old Faithful Club
There isn’t anything to not like about the Old Faithful Club. The service is great, and the complimentary food and drinks are fantastic. Walt Disney World isn’t cheap, and if you can take full advantage of the included amenities, it is possible you can even save money.
As we discussed, Wilderness Lodge is the cheapest of the Deluxe Resort Club Lounges, so it is certainly worth pricing up when planning your vacation. Depending on the offers available, you might even grab a “Disney Bargain.”