Walt Disney World has just announced its usual seasonal events for Christmas 2023. The usual activities, including Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, will return in 2023. However, a new event has been announced at Hollywood Studios called Disney Jollywood Nights.
Hollywood Studios After Hours events have been a massive success in 2023, and dates have all sold out. The events appear much more popular than similar events at EPCOT during the summer. These events are hard-ticket attractions that allow you to access the park for extra hours with reduced crowds. Due to the popularity, Disney has added an extra seasonal hard-ticket event at Hollywood Studios for dates during November and December. Expect these dates to sell out too!
However, don’t expect the attendance to be as limited as they are at After Hours. Disney’s Christmas and Halloween parties can get very busy, and we expect Disney Jollwyood Nights to be the same. However, there will be an opportunity to ride attractions and experience unique entertainment. Rise of the Resistance will be operating a Virtual Queue on the night.
The event will run from 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM, plus you can enter the park from 7:00 PM.
Highlights of the party will include:
- A musical variety show hosted by Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy at Theater of the Stars. There will be appearances from Princess Tiana, Belle, Mickey, and Minnie. I wish it were a pure Muppet Show; I’m not sure about them mixing with Disney Princesses.
- A sing-along experience at Hyperion Theater, including Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie
- Watch Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!—a seasonal nighttime spectacular which includes fireworks, projections, special effects, and music.
- Special, seasonal food and drink.
- A DJ spinning a holiday mix on Hollywood Boulevard.
- Catch Powerline Max, Phineas, and Ferb at Echo Lake.
- Commissary Lane will feature a lively Latin street fair full of holiday flair.
- A jazz lounge at The Hollywood Brown Derby Restaurant.
- The Hollywood Tower Hotel courtyard will feature a limited-capacity, otherworldly soirée.
- Meet Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and friends on a hot set with holiday props.
Disney is encouraging guests to dress to impress for the occasion.
Tickets go on sale on July 6th, but resort guests can purchase from June 29th. The events will not be cheap; ticket prices will range from $159 to $ 179 per person.
We think the event could be great fun, but we worry about whether the crowds will be too large for Jollywood Nights. We will be watching reviews closely during the initial events to decide whether to buy, but we feel events will be sold out well in advance of November and December.
Visit our Guide to Walt Disney World for the latest Tips & Tricks.
Visit our Disney World News section for the latest updates.