My Disney Experience is a free online guide to Walt Disney World that allows guests to plan their vacations. 10th birthday came with little fanfare in 2022, but in those ten years, My Disney Experience has probably had the biggest impact on how guests enjoy their Disney World Vacation. The service is available through the Walt Disney World Website or the dedicated Mobile App. Our Essential Guide to My Disney Experience provides all you need to know about this great tool.
My Disney Experience is an essential planning tool Both before you arrive and when you visit Walt Disney World. To start using My Disney Experience, you must register for an account. Once registered, you can link your Walt Disney World Reservations and Tickets, and the “Planning Magic” can start.
My Disney Experience has undergone many changes since it was introduced over ten years ago, and it is now essential to access it both before and during your Disney World Vacation. Before you visit, guests will probably make use of the following facilities:
- Keep track of all reservations, including those of your family and friends.
- Make Disney Park Pass Reservations.
- Buy additional tickets, Magical extras, or special events, e.g., Disney After Hours.
- Make Advanced Dining Reservations.
- View the Resort Calendar, including the latest opening times and show times.
- Access stories and videos to prepare for your visit.
- Check in at your Disney Resort, and when you arrive, use the App to open your door.
- Disney will remind you of the next steps and key planning dates to help you maximize your Walt Disney World vacation. Unfortunately, this also includes when your final payment is due!
Previously one of the key purposes of My Disney Experience was the advance bookings of Fastpass+ reservations. However, you can no longer book attractions in advance of your visit.
When you get to Walt Disney World, the My Disney Experience App allows you to access a number of features that enhance your vacation experience. Features include:
- Keep track of your plans & reservations, including those of your family & friends.
- Modify existing reservations
- Make Dining & Ticket Reservations
- Use the new Disney Genie planning service.
- Purchase Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane attractions.
- If you have purchased Genie+, make reservations.
- Join the Virtual Line on select attractions.
- Order in advance and pay for your food at Quick Service Locations.
- Check on Disney Transportation options.
- Contact Guest Services.
- Use it as the key to the door of your resort room.
- Tell restaurants you have arrived rather than queue up at the podium.
- Review your Disney PhotoPass photos.
- Set up MagicMobile if you prefer to use this as your park ticket.
- Access maps, wait times, showtimes, park hours, and essential information via the App.
Walt Disney World encourages all guests to have downloaded the latest version of My Disney Experience on their mobile devices before entering parks. Also, they recommend having location and notifications enabled on your device.
There are just so many things included in My Disney Experience, we have probably missed numerous things off the list. The best thing to do is download the App as soon as possible and start exploring all that is included.
Free WiFi is available throughout Walt Disney World, but the quality of coverage can be variable. If you have 4G, you might find this helpful when grabbing virtual line reservations.
You can download the App on Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Our Opinion My Disney Experience
My Disney Experience is essential for planning your Walt Disney World vacation. Make sure when you visit parks, you have access to park WiFi either through a smartphone or a similar device. Using My Disney Experience regularly during your visit can ensure you have a great vacation.
Our Beginners Guide to Walt Disney World is a great starting point to plan your vacation.