We are in Disneyland Paris! However, we should be at Walt Disney World, but “Grandpa Joe” was too sleepy to open the United States border in time. Today was the first Disney park we have been in for over 2 years, and Mrs. Modernlifiesgood got a little emotional on Main Street.
This might even be our last Disney trip as a family of four as next summer Miss Modernlifeisgood has decided to go traveling. It will be interesting to see how the traveling goes as this morning she managed to sleep in and would have missed her flight!
Today has been a very long day beginning at 5 in Heathrow Airport. Due to the length of the day, tonight’s post will be shorter than normal, serving only as an introduction to our latest adventure. Today we:-
- Flew from London Heathrow to Paris with British Airways.
- I got caught by security with toothpaste and deodorant I had forgotten about from a previous trip.
- We rapidly got through Charles de Gaulle airport security. However, surprisingly nobody asked us for any of our vaccination documents!
- We caught an Uber from the airport to Disneyland Paris. Our Uber cost 30 Euros more than the predicted price!
- We are staying at Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel. This is the newly updated hotel at Disneyland Paris, and it is amazing. We will discuss it more in an upcoming post.
- We had a short visit to Disneyland Park, and Mrs. Modernlifeisgood was charged too much for a pin!
- We had dinner in Downtown at the Hotel New York. The meal was brilliant and had fantastic choices. Buffets have recently returned to Disneyland Paris, and this new format at Downtown was introduced this week. Mrs. Modernlifeisgood was given the wrong wine, and we were charged too much! We only noticed the mistake later on this evening.
- Had cocktails in the Skyliner Bar, and amazingly wasn’t overcharged!
You may have noted a trend in today’s events. In a few short hours, we have been overcharged three times already. We have noticed this happen when we have been in Paris previously and will be keeping a close eye on it during the week.
We have a lot more to discuss, but tonight we are shattered after a very early start. Come back tomorrow to read our latest adventures. However, we shall finish tonight’s post with the amazing cocktails from the Skyliner Bar.