We have been a little bit quiet on ModernLifeisGood in recent weeks due to reasons explained in our last post. However, things have been far from quiet at Walt Disney World as we have moved massive strides forward in the quest for normality. Here is our June 2021 update on everything that is returning to Walt Disney World.
Fireworks are back!
The big news first, fireworks are returning to Walt Disney World. There hasn’t been an announcement about all shows yet, but ‘Happily Ever After’ at Magic Kingdom and ‘EPCOT Forever’ at EPCOT will return on July 1, 2021.
The absence of parades, fireworks, and characters have been the most significant factors against current offerings being a “real Walt Disney World experience.” However, a starting date means we are getting much closer to that authentic experience. Will parades be next?
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
ModernLifeisGood favorite Animal Kingdom Lodge is reopening. The DVC part of the resort has been open for a while, but now Jambo House will fully reopen. The opening date is August 26, 2021.
The majority of Walt Disney World resorts are now either open or have an opening date announced. However, no update has yet been announced for Disney’s Port Orleans Resort, Disney All Star Music, and Disney’s All Star Sports. These are all massive resorts, and therefore the resort is still some distance from capacity.
Club Level Reopening
Disney’s luxury club-level resort experience has a phased reopening announced. However, not all resorts have a confirmed reopening date yet.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa –Sept. 16, 2021
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort – Sept. 23, 2021
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Sept. 26, 2021
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Dec. 16, 2021
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – Dec. 16, 2021
Fishing excursions return
I have never considered doing it, but the fishing excursions available at many Walt Disney World resorts are returning. These excursions are available at an additional charge from the following marinas:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – Temporarily Unavailable
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside – Temporarily Unavailable
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Park capacity has been increasing.
Disney Park Pass Reservation system appears to be here to stay. However, there has been a significant increase in availability in recent weeks. No news yet on whether FastPass+ will return, but it is looking increasingly unlikely. While restrictions are gradually reducing, Bob Chapek has suggested a return to normal by the end of September.
Latest restaurants reopening
- We mentioned in our last update Tusker House was returning, and the welcome additional theme park dining capacity has a June 20th reopening date.
- Ohana is returning to the Polynesian on July 9, 2021. However, breakfast will not feature characters at this time. Ohana is a massive guest favorite, but I have always thought it is overrated.
- Sebastian’s Bistro will be reopening at Disney’s Caribbean Resort on June 24, 2021. A family-style dinner will be served.
- The Maya Grill at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will reopen on June 24, 2021.
Rope Drop has returned to Walt Disney World
Rope Drop has returned to Walt Disney World, and with no FastPass+, we reckon you have to make it each day by arriving long before the advertised opening. Read this post on why arriving early at Walt Disney World is essential in 2021.
Indoor playgrounds reopening
Indoor playgrounds at Walt Dsiney World have slowly started to reopen in recent weeks.
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway was never closed, but the pre-show was only ever open for a short period before the resort closure. However, it has now returned, meaning guests get the full attraction experience.
Will Space 220 eventually open?
We have been writing about Space 220 for many years, but it never opens. However, Epcot’s new restaurant might soon be opening. Adverts are currently out for recruiting staff for the venue. However, recruitment in Orlando remains problematic, so don’t expect an opening any time soon.
More Disney World
Most of these announcements have been made in the last few days. With rumors of more cast members being called back, we expect more attractions will reopen soon. Keep checking Modern Life is Good for the latest information.
To learn more about Walt Disney World visit our 2021 Guide to Walt Disney World.
This Guide is part of our “Road to 2021 at Walt Disney World” series. Check out the rest of the guides for the latest information.
Leave a Reply