Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is a completely new type of experience. You’re going to live onboard a star cruiser…and you can get wrapped up in the larger Star Wars storyAnn Morrow Johnson, executive producer for Walt Disney Imagineering
January 2021 Update
It has been a long time since we have provided an update on Star Wars’: Galactic Starcruiser, the Walt Disney World Star Wars Hotel. We should be anticipating first guests arriving soon, but unfortunately, the pandemic meant constriction had been delayed.
Thankfully, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will not be going to Neverland like many other planned Walt Disney World attractions. Unfortunately, no opening date has been confirmed, but the resort’s building has been announced as one of Disney’s priority projects.
While resort construction did stop for a period of time, it did restart before the parks reopened. As these ariel shots from Twitter show the resort is now starting to take shape.
We now have some more exciting news! Jeff Vahle, the President of Walt Disney World Resort, has been sharing some photos from inside guest cabins. The cabins do look small, but how exciting this looks!
Hopefully, we will have an opening date to share with you soon.
February 2020 Update
It has been announced that guests can start enjoying this unique experience in 2021. Plus you can start planning your vacation soon as reservations will open in 2020 for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
The highly anticipated Star Wars resort will offer guests a two-night itinerary where all guests arrive and depart at the same time. Your voyage will be on the starcruiser “Halcyon” known for its impeccable service and destinations throughout the galaxy.
Highlights of the experience announced to date include:
- Arrival at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World where you check-in for your two-night experience.
- After check-in, you will enter a Launch Pod for transport into space.
- You will jump to hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the Halcyon.
- When the Launch Pod docks with the Halcyon you will step into the ship’s main deck Atrium to begin your Star Wars adventure.
- A visit aboard the Halcyon is a multi-day story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers and Star Wars Characters.
- An excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is included.
- Every window on the Halcyon, including those in your cabin, has a view of the galaxy.
- Guests will be able to explore the Halcyon and will possibly discover unlikely surprises.
The all-immersive experience also features entertaining activities, such as:
- Wielding a lightsaber while facing off against a training remote. You may even discover your own connection with the Force.
- Visiting the starcruiser’s Bridge to learn about ship systems and how to operate them.
Throughout your adventure choices, you make will help determine how your Star Wars story progresses.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is going to be the “Ultimate Star Wars Experience”, but it isn’t going to be cheap. There are rumors that a 2-day experience for a family of 5 will cost a whopping $7200! However, we can’t wait but expect bookings will be difficult to obtain.
A new video has been released which provides more details on what you will experience on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
We will keep this page updated with the latest Galactic Starcruiser news. Also, check our Disney World News & Rumors section for all the latest from the resort including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.