A big announcement has been made in the reopening of Walt Disney World. All-Star Movies Resort is to reopen on February 9, 2021. This will be the third value to resort to reopen in Walt Disney World following Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which is due to reopen on November 1st.
No announcement has been made about the reopening of the other two All-Star Resorts. The previously canceled reopening of Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn remain unchanged.
The reopening of any Walt Disney World Resort is undoubtedly good news at this time. Hopefully, it is a sign of the resort returning to a more normal situation in early 2021. Rooms at All-Star Movies have all recently been refurbished, and the resort now is an excellent option in the value category.
A couple of additional observations on the significance of the reopening of All-Star Movies.
- This is the 3rd value resort to reopen and would suggest strong booking in this category for 2021.
- The resort isn’t small with almost 2000 rooms, and if it operates close to full capacity, this will result in a large increase in guests staying at Walt Disney World.
- The resort only transport option is Disney buses. Reopening this resort would suggest Disney feel confident it can manage increased guest numbers soon.
The updated list of resorts accepting reservations at Walt Disney World for 2020 is:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
It will be interesting to see if further resorts are added to this list soon. Visit our Guide to Walt Disney World Resorts during the Reopening Period to learn more.