Walt Disney World is intended to be a vacation destination the whole family can enjoy. Despite this, for safety reasons, there are several attractions which have height requirements.
Disney does enforce Height Requirements strictly, and you will not be allowed to board if you are under the height requirement. A cast member will measure children all children who appear below the height requirements before you can board an attraction.
Make sure you consider height restrictions when booking Fastpass+ Reservations so children are not left disappointed. You will not be able to persuade a cast member to allow children too small to ride.
However, if the kids are too small to ride, it does not mean adults and older siblings can’t. Rider Switch, also sometimes known as child swap, allows guests with small children to take turns riding while another adult stays with the child. Once the first party has ridden the 2nd Adult and up to 3 more guests, including some who have already ridden, can join the Fastpass line.
The following height requirements are in place at Walt Disney World:
Magic Kingdom Height Requirements
- Tomorrowland Speedway 32″ of 54″ to drive
- The Barnstormer 35″
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 38″
- Big Thunder Mountain 40″
- Splash Mountain 40″
- Space Mountain 44″
Epcot Height Requirements
- Mission Space Orange at least 44″
- Mission Space Green at least 40″
- Test Track at least 40″
- Soarin at least 40″
Hollywood Studios Height Requirements
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Height Requirement 40″
- Star Tours Height Requirement 40″
- Rock n’ Roller Coaster Height Requirement 48″
- Slinky Dog Dash 38″
- Alien Swirling Saucers 32″
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at least 38″.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at least 40″
In addition, both Star Tours and Tower of Terror and not recommended for infants under 3 years but in our opinion only the bravest under 5s should ride.
Animal Kingdom Height Requirements
- Avatar Flight of Passage at least 44″
- Dinosaur at least 40″
- Expedition Everest at least 44″
- Kali River Rapids at least 38″
- Primeval Whirl at least 48″
Although it does not have a height restriction many small children do find It’s Tough To Be a Bug petrifying.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park Height Requirements
- Bay Slides – Guests must be 60 inches or shorter
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher at least 48 inches
- Humunga Kowabunga at least 48 inches
- Ketchakiddee Creek – Guests must be 48 inches or shorter
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park Height Requirements
- Chairlift at least 32 inches
- Downhill Double Dipper at least 48 inches
- Slush Gusher at least 48 inches
- Summit Plummet at least 48 inches
- Tike’s Peak – Guests must be 48 inches or shorter
Visit our guide to learn more about Rider Switch/Baby Swap at Walt Disney World.
Our Beginners Guide to Walt Disney World is a fantastic starting place to plan your Walt Disney World Vacation.
We have also created Beginners guides to: