We read a lot of other Blogs here on moderlifeisgood.com. Most of them carry lots of really useful information to plan your Walt Disney World Vacation. However, advice on what you carry in your Walt Disney World Park Bag is not usually that helpful.
Most sites seem to suggest you carry everything including the kitchen sink to anticipate every eventuality. What they tend to forget is you have to carry it all day. Forget what others blogs say, our guide will let you know what you really need in your Disney Word Park Bag. Your arms and back will thank you for our advice!
Most guests do not need to take much into Walt Disney World parks. The only exceptions being if you have either a medical problem or travelling with a baby/toddler.
If there are items you must take, but do not wish to carry lockers are available near the entrance at each park. All lockers are subject to availability and come with the following daily charge:
- Small $10 a day (12″ x 10″ x 17″)
- Large $12 a day (15.5″ x 13″ x 17″)
- Jumbo (Magic Kingdom park and Epcot only) $15 a day (17″ x 22″ x 26″)
While unanticipated events do happen, you can usually get everything in a park if necessary. In our opinion this is all you need to pack in your Disney World Park Bag:
- Magic Band or Park Ticket
- Cash/Credit card but not necessary if you have a Magic Band charging facility.
- Something to take photos/videos
- Something to get access to park WiFi e.g. a phone might also act as your camera further lightening your bag.
- Water or something to carry water in. There are plenty of water fountains in the parks, but it is easier to have access to some in your bag.
- Waterproof or poncho
In addition, you might want to carry the following items:
- an autograph book and pen
- dry clothes for kids
- a phone charger kit
- Gum as you can’t buy in the parks
- Hand sanitizer isn’t required, but it does not take up much space.
- A water-mist bottle or fan.
You do not need:
- First aid kit. You are unlikely to need this & everything you could need is available free at the park first aid.
- Umbrella. When it rains in Orlando you just need to take shelter.
- Insect Repellant. Available free in all parks.
- Games, bubbles, towels, books, lip balm, park map, paper copies of your reservations & the several thousand other things you will see suggested on other blogs.
- In addition, the following items are restricted at Walt Disney World. So you better not pack them!
To make sure you are prepared make a list of what you need, e.g. camera, autograph book, poncho. Pack your bag the night before and recheck it in the morning. Assess at the end of the day whether you were carrying unnecessary items or whether essential items were missing.
If you should need anything you have not packed urgently, do not return to your resort. Speak to guest services or any cast member who will direct you to where you can obtain the item. It is highly unlikely there will be anything you can’t obtain in the park.
What you take into the park is very much a personal decision. However, remember that everything in your Walt Disney World Park Bag you do need to carry. Do you really need a blanket?
Our Guide to Walt Disney World for Beginners is a great starting place to start planning your vacation.