We read a lot of other Blogs here on moderlifeisgood.com. Most of them carry lots of really useful information to plan your Walt Disney World vacation. However, advice on what you carry in your Walt Disney World Park Bag is not usually that helpful. Most sites seem to suggest you carry everything including the kitchen sink to anticipate every eventuality. What they tend to forget is you have to carry it. Forget what others say, our guide will let you know what you really need in your Disney Word Park Bag.
There are really very little you need to take into parks assuming you do not have either a medical problem or travelling with a baby/toddler. Whilst unanticipated events do happen you can normally get everything in a park if necessary. In our opinion this is all you need to pack:
- Magic Band or Park Ticket
- Cash/Credit card but not necessary if you have a Magic Band charging facility.
- Something to take photos/videos
- Something to get access to park WiFi e.g. a phone might also act as your camera further lightening your bag.
- Water or something to carry water in. There are plenty of water fountains in the parks but it is easier to have access to some in your bag.
In addition, you might want to carry the following items:
- an autograph book and pen
- dry clothes for kids
- a phone charger kit
- Gum as you can’t buy in the parks
- Hand sanitizer. This really isn’t required but it does not take up much space.
- A water mist bottle or fan.
You do not need:
- First aid kit. You are unlikely to need this & everything you could need is available free at the park first aid.
- Umbrella. When it rains in Orlando you just need to take shelter.
- Insect Repellant. Available free in all parks.
- Games, bubbles, towels, books, lip balm, park map, paper copies of your reservations & the several thousand other things you will see suggested on other blogs.
- In addition, the following items are restricted at Walt Disney World. So you better not pack them!
What you take into the park is very much a personal decision. However, remember that everything in your Walt Disney World Park Bag you do need to carry. Do you really need a blanket?
Our Guide to Walt Disney World for Beginners is a great starting place to start planning your vacation.
We have created a fantastic choice of Walt Disney World Planning Tips which you might find useful.