Perhaps this is one of the biggest mistakes you could ever make when visiting Walt Disney World. Don’t create a strategy that includes all family members riding to realise too late not all of you can. Many of the Walt Disney World attractions do carry restrictions. Be prepared before you make your Fastpass Reservations what rides children might not be able to ride. If the rest of the family do want to ride we have also included details of Disney’s Rider Switch.
- Tomorrowland Speedway 32″ of 54″ to drive
- The Barnstormer 35″
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 38″
- Big Thunder Mountain 40″
- Splash Mountain 40″
- Space Mountain 44″
- Plus if it ever reopens again Stitch’s Great Escape is 40″
- Mission Space Orange at least 44″
- Mission Space Green at least 40″
- Test Track at least 40″
- Soarin at least 40″
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Height Requirement 40″
- Star Tours Height Requirement 40″
- Rock n’ Roller Coaster Height Requirement 48″
- Slinky Dog Dash 38″
- Alien Swirling Saucers 32″
In addition, both Star Tours and Tower of Terror and not recommended for infants under 3 years but in our opinion only the bravest under 5s should ride.
- Avatar Flight of Passage at least 44″
- Dinosaur at least 40″
- Expedition Everest at least 44″
- Kali River Rapids at least 38″
- Primeval Whirl at least 48″
Although it does not have a height restriction many small children do find It’s Tough To Be a Bug petrifying.
Disney does enforce Height Requirements strictly and you will not be allowed to board if you are under the height requirement.
However, if the kids are too small to ride it does not mean adults and older siblings can’t.
Rider Switch, also sometimes known as child swap, allows guests with small children to take turns riding while another adult stays with the child. How Rider Switch works is easy:-
- The entire party should approach the Cast Member at the entrance who will give a Rider Switch Ticket.
- Group 1 will ride the attraction
- Once complete the 2nd Adult and up to 3 more guests can join him through the Fastpass queue.
The pass you will be issued often does not expire until several days after your visit. In addition, there is nothing stopping additional children or adults in your group riding again with the 2nd adult.
Height restrictions and advice can occasionally change. The My Disney Experience App will keep you up to date with all the latest information.
Our Beginners Guide to Walt Disney World is a fantastic starting place.
We have also created Beginners guides to: