Today we took the short drive from Universal Orlando to the Disney Wonder for our very first Disney Cruise. We will be on the Disney Wonder for 3 nights sailing to Disney’s Castaway Cay.
We have just completed our 1st day on the Disney Wonder and I write today’s blog in Adults Only Quiet Cove whilst sipping a frozen cocktail. The kids are in their various clubs.
Life is good!!!
However, the price of Disney Cruise Line’s Internet Packages are less than good so today’s review will be brief notes.
In addition it has taken several attempts to write today’s blog due to modernlifeisgood being temporarily blocked by Disney’s servers. The reasons for the blockage are unclear as Disney’s own IT team, who have been very helpful, can’t work it out.
For whatever reason, every time I upload a photo I get booted out. Today’s review will therefore be photo lite and several days later than initially intended. I will try and sort it out once back on land.
- Disney Wonder launched in 1999. She was the second Cruise Ship for the Disney Cruise Line. The ship was last in Dry Dock during October 2016 where she had an extensive refurbishment.
- Disney Wonder’s kid facilities are sensational and are already a big hit with all the family. Due to their sheer size children are tracked via GPS.
- The ship isn’t that easy to navigate but the Ship’s App is really handy.
- All staff we have encountered are very friendly. Staffing levels appear to be considerably higher than on our last Royal Caribbean Cruise.
- Our cabin is really well designed. We love that the kids have bunk beds & the bathroom split into 2 separated rooms is a great idea.
- The buffet is far too small for the number of passengers. However, food is good.
- On a Disney Cruise you rotate through the ship’s restaurants for dinner. Last night we ate at Triton’s which is a Little Mermaid themed restaurant. Food was exceptionally good.
- This is not a late night party Cruise. Most activities closed for the night at midnight. There are no casinos on Disney Ships.
We are currently enjoying a day at sea prior to arriving in Castaway Cay tomorrow morning. Tonight is Pirates Night on the Disney Wonder. The festivities willl end with a fireworks display which will be the first time we have experienced this at sea.
Our next review will be whenever we get a regular internet connection.