The biggest event of the year, perhaps of all time, for Slinky Dog Fans has been announced. Toy Story Land will officially open at Hollywood Studios on 30 June 2018. Disney Pete a well-known Slinky Dog Fan in these parts could hardly contain his excitement with news of the announcement. Just what can Slinky Dog Fans and regular guests expect with the opening of Toy Story Land? Our guide has been updated on 19 June with the latest information.
Guests in Toy Story land will shrink to the size of toys to experience the fun in a recreation of Andy’s Backyard. The stars of Toy Story including Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Slinky Dog, the Aliens & Green Army Men come to life in this larger than life setting.
Here are our top questions & answers about Toy Story Land.
How big is it?
A massive 11 acre of Hollywood Studios has been developed for the new attractions.
Is this the first Toy Story Land?
There are already similar attractions in Hong Kong & France. However, the Orlando version will include completely new attraction.
What new attractions will there be?
- Slinky Dog Dash a family friendly coaster themed around Disney Pete’s favourite Slinky Dog. Riders of all ages will zip around Toy Story Land on this fun coaster. This is likely to become one of the most popular attractions in Hollywood Studios.
- Alien Swirling Saucers is a new whip ride. Mater’s Junkyard jamboree in California Adventure is in a similar format. Guests will be immersed with Toy Story Aliens & their Flying Saucers.
- Toy Story Mania! Not a new attraction but this park favorite will have a new entrance inside Toy Story Land. Plus a third track was recently added to this attraction to cut the historical lengthy waits.
Sarge and the Green Army Man Drum Corps will march through the land several times a day and stop to play “Sarge Says” with guests, and other games with a larger-than-life Pixar ball and crayons. Guests also have the option to join in on their interactive boot camp to see if they have what it takes to become an official recruit in Andy’s Backyard.
Can we expect any new dining locations?
Hollywood Studios lacks quality Quick Service Locations. Hopefully Toy Story Land will start to correct this.
Woody’s Lunch Box will serve meals and soda floats from a walk-up window. Woody’s Lunch Box will be surrounded by Andy’s favorite toys and a giant vintage thermos. Click to see Woody’s Lunch Box Menu.
Any news on Fastpass?
Hollywood Studios has always had Fastpass Tiers which have restricted your advanced booking of the most popular attractions. The opening of Toy Story land will mean big changes to Hollywood Studios Fastpass Tiers:-
- The 3 Toy Story Land attractions: Slinky Dog Dash Coaster, Alien Swirling Saucers & Toy Story Mania will form a new Tier 1.
- All other attractions will now be in Tier 2.
Guests are allowed to advance book one option from Tier 1 and two options from Tier 2 each day they visit. You can book 3 selections from Tier 2 if you book no Tier 1 attractions.
Read our Guide to Hollywood Studios Fastpass to plan your strategy.
Are you as excited about Toy Story Land as Disney Pete? Is Star Wars Galaxy Edge more your thing? Leave a comment below.
Read our Essential Guide to Walt Disney World to help plan your vacation.
We have created a selection of Hollywood Studios Tips which will help plan your day.