We are currently sailing to Grenada our final port of call but today we stopped at the fabulous Barbados and enjoyed a rather tipsy Beach Hop.
Our Barbados Beach Hop was a rather early start and we met our guide on a converted old school bus…think Venga Bus. We took in 3 wonderful beaches with plenty of jokes, singing & rum. The bar opened as soon as we boarded and within minutes our guide was giving free punch to unexpecting locals in Bridgetown. We were at each beach between 45-75 minutes and at each beach the bar reopened. Perhaps the highlight of the trip was pretending we were a religious outing as we went through port customs singing “Kum by yah, My Lord”. Crazy fun in the sun & the earliest hangover I have had for many a year.
The mystery over chocolate milk continues. I keep seeing children with but when I ask I get a blank look from waiters. I think the is currently a Chocolate Milk Cartel on the ship controlled by Adventure Ocean.
Tonight we found the missing passengers! Both the theatre and the 70s Dance Party was packed. I thought the 70s party was very good.
Tonight was also Adventure Ocean’s pirate night presumably they were out to seize the rest of the chocolate milk. The kids did the usual funny little number in the theatre.
Things I learnt today
- Barbados is the only country in the world where McDonalds failed.
- Barbados is one of only 4 countries where Woolworths still exist.
- I like Barbados Rum Punch.
Things I have still to learn
- Where the chocolate milk is getting hidden by Adventure Ocean.
- Whether rum punch is just as nice when not sunny.
- Why do all the Caribbean markets sell oversized clothes pegs?
Onwards to Grenada.