We are currently on Jewel of the Seas sailing to St. Maarten after our first formal night and a fantastic day in St. Croix. The highlight of the day being the turtle we saw swimming near the ship in the afternoon.
A brief report tonight as I have had a few drinks this evening and we have an early rise in the morning.
St. Croix was a pretty island and the was a great beach near the pier. The was a market laid on and live music. We spent several hours at the beach and have all caught a bit too much sun.
Things I have learnt today:
- You never know what you might see near a cruise ship. It was fantastic seeing a turtle.
- It is possible to have a fantastic time on a cruise without paying for expensive excursions. Apart from a few small purchases in markets we didn’t spend anything.
- Captain Liz is one of only 3 female cruise ship captains in the world.
- Most people do still follow Formal Night dress code.
- Our dinner was much better tonight and our waiters who last night seemed rushed were excellent. I think the 8pm muster drill rushes everything
What I have still to learn:
- Where are the guests? We had an enjoyable couple of hours in Schooners Bar & we pretty much had the bar to ourselves. Vintages was empty! Where is everyone?
Tomorrow we are off to St. Maarten and doing something called the race…..should be interesting!
Leave a Reply