Today we boarded Jewel of the Seas after having a morning wandering San Juan.
Things I have learnt today:-
- I liked my first look at San Juan and look forward to our short stay at the end of this vacation.
- Puerto Ricans obviously have a different idea of the rules of a zebra crossing compared to the U.K.. Very dangerous….take care crossing roads,
- I had my first ever Denny’s breakfast today. I’ll be honest I had never heard of Denny’s until today. It was great and my Steak Skewers were fab!
- Things seem very efficient in Puerto Rico from immigration to taxis to boarding the ship everything has been fabulous.
- The Jewel of the Seas is a beautiful ship and packs a great deal into her relatively small size.
- The new Royal Caribbean drinks package is much better. Nice to be able to have coffees,
- Lifeboat drill at 8pm is a stupid time. Dinner was rushed, people collapsed, guests had been drinking and lots of people ignored the announcements. I couldn’t hear any of the announcements as too many people talking. Bit of a waste of time in my opinion.
Overall a good first day. St Croix is tomorrow and hopefully plenty of sunshine.