Kilimanjaro Club at Animal Kingdom Lodge is one way to experience a little more luxury whilst staying at Walt Disney World. Club level is available at the following Deluxe Walt Disney World resorts: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian Village Resort, Wilderness Lodge and Yacht Club.
We stayed in the Kilimanjaro Club at Animal Kingdom Lodge in October 2016. Club level comes with several additional inclusive amenities but does come at an extra cost.
Guests staying in Club levels in Walt Disney World can expect the following added services:-
- Advance Itinerary Planning through your concierge although we were not actually contacted.
- Turn down service and a few extra room amenities including more luxurious toiletries.
- Separate Check-In Area.
- Access to a private lounge serving complimentary refreshments. Food is served throughout the day and includes free alcoholic beverages.
- Concierge service to aid with your reservations.
All Kilimanjaro Club rooms come with a Savannah view and are in the most sought after locations in Jambo House. The club room is open from 6:30am to 10pm each day. The club is located on floor 6 and your Magic Band gives you access through either the elevator or a private stairwell.
Check-in is at the front of the lounge and additional touches includes complimentary drinks whilst you check in. Staff in the lounge are friendly and go the extra mile; even by Disney standards; to make your vacation memorable.
The lounge is comfortable with views of the lobby below. The are a number of televisions showing films and cartoons. At breakfast the lounge does get busy but for the rest of the day it is a quiet place to relax.
Snacks and refreshments served throughout the day are:
- Coffee(6:30 AM) we were never up to see if anything extra was served.
- Adventurous Awakenings (7:00 AM – 10:30 AM) a continental breakfast buffet. It does get quite busy in the lounge during breakfast but the food was great.
- Vitafunio Safari Snacks (11:30 AM – 3:30 PM) a selection of snacks & drinks are served. Although not advertised you can have an early beer or wine.
- Chai Afternoon Tea (3:00 PM – 4:30 PM) including speciality teas and pastries.
- Kisikusiku Twilight Offerings (5:00 PM – 7:00 PM) perhaps the most popular service during the day. Wines, cheeses, breads, salads and a selection of warm hors d’oeuvres.
- Rehema Evening Indulgences (8:00 PM – 10:00 PM) a selection of desserts and cordials. Cordials usually include Kahula and Grand Marnier.
Many of the dishes served in the Kilimanjaro Club come from the fantastic restaurants in Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Kilimanjaro Club Level at Animal Kingdom Lodge is unique in that it can also be booked by members of the Disney Vacation Club. The entire 6th floor level of Jambo House has been converted to DVC villas.
Kilimanjaro Club Review Summary
We thoroughly enjoyed the Kilimanjaro Club at Animal Kingdom Lodge the staff were brilliant, food was great and the lounge was very comfortable. It did cost a bit more but we thought it probably was worth the cost. We did travel on free dining and the was far too much food with the Disney Dining Plan. However; if you plan your days correct Club Level could cut your dining costs in Disney World. It was also fantastic to be able to get a nightcap each evening.
We would thoroughly recommend Club Level for those wanting a bit more in their WDW stay.
Find Out More
If you would like to read more about all the WDW resorts read our guide here.
Why not watch our video if you want to find out more about the fantastic DVC Property Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge & Sanaa Restaurant