Wow! What a lengthy title to this post which describes the most full day I have had at WDW. Plus for the first time ever I was rescued & evacuated from Splash Mountain,
I remain several days behind on this live blog. How can I write an account of all that has happened each day when I am ready to go to bed?
The truth is I can’t. The finer details and all the details of my evacuation from Splash Mountain I will write about once home.
Tonight I present a short summary as I attempt to get on top of this live blog:
- In the morning we went outlet shopping at the Disney Character Warehouse. Although I was cynical about spending time there the really is some decent bargains. The are items that can still be found in WDW shops and are heavily discounted.
- Evening Magic Kingdom and a Fastpass for the Mine Train.
- Be Our Guest for dinner. Good meal although not the best at WDW. The venue is stunning & we were seated in the Ballroom. Having a beer in Magic Kingdom is perhaps the greatest novelty.
- Halloween Party started as we finished dinner. 3rd time attended this. Least enjoyable to date. Much larger crowds than before & previously we have been when sold out. Large lines at all Treat Stops. 10 minutes to get some candy I think is too long. Very long waits for all characters. Ride lines were pretty quick though. The highlight though; like previous years; is the parade. However; if you ever get the chance you should visit Disneyland Paris for Halloween as this is the one thing they do so much better.
- Evacuation from Splash Mountain which allowed a rare glimpse to the backstage areas….it does not look much like a mountain on the other side! Didn’t think the evacuation was that well organised and the “have a magical day comment” off one cast member a bit irritating. I do think some Disney Cast Members struggle when things go wrong. Perhaps that is because things are usually done so right.
Unfortunately the night was the “Night of No Mountains”. Evacuated from Splash, Big Thunder already closed & turned away from Space due to a technical problem. Having Big 3 attractions all out on the same night was obviously disappointing. The does seem to have been a lot of temporary closures this last week.
Well that was pretty much it. I will fill in the details when I get home. I have some fantastic video footage plus plenty of photos to add as well.